Why Are These Celebrities So Famous?

I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend. Like any good Christian, I spent my Easter watching TV. In one of the many episodes of  Gilmore Girls I watched, Lenny Kravitz came up. In particular, Lorelai and Rory did not understand how Lenny was so rich. This was of course before he was in Hunger Games and had very little on his resume. Anyways, the Gilmores raised a valid point: why are some celebrities famous despite the fact that they don't seem to do anything? Now, I am not talking about the Kardashians or Paris Hilton, I am talking about celebrities who always get invited to the Met Ball, yet have nothing worthy of note on their IMDb page. I never know why they are at an event, but they always are and I never really care. I call this phenomenon the "Pink effect". Pink always has a number one single, yet I do not know one person who has bought her CD or a ticket to her show. People love or hate the Kardashians, but no one feels anything towards Pink. She just exists.  So I have complied a list of my top 3 celebrities whose have fallen victim to the Pink effect.

3. Camilla Belle



You probably best remember Camilla for dating Robert Pattinson and Joe Jones a couple of years back. I would say that these two relationships are the only justification for her presence at Paris fashion week and her 19 magazine covers since 2010. Somehow I don't think it was her performance in From Prada to Nada.

2. Kate Bosworth



Since 2011 Kate has been in the following movies: While We Were Here, Black Rock, Straw Dogs, Life Happens, Another Happy Day, and Little Birds. With the exception of Straw Dogs I have heard of none of these movies. Kate also runs a website called Jewelmint, a shopping site that gives customers a unique shopping experience geared specifically to their individual taste. Ok, so I guess she is busy?  Kate is routinely invited to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party, the Met Ball and has appeared on over 68 magazine covers. Listen, I loved Blue Crush as much as the next person, but I can't be the only one who finds it weird that Kate now shares crab puffs with Kate Winslet.

1. Jessica Alba


Since 2010 Jessica's film resume has included Spy Kids, Valentines Day and Little Fockers, but not New Years Eve. Really? Jessica's 2 minute appearance in Valentine's Day was so bad, she wasn't allowed to be one of 37 celebrities to appear in the sequel? That's harsh. Yet, Jessica is always photographed, interviewed and has appeared on over 305 magazine covers. The rest of her IMDb page offers no indications for why Jessica Alba is so famous, unless you consider Honey one of the great dramatic masterpiece's of our time. Which I don't. Sorry, I am a Save the Last Dance kind of girl.